Old July 11th 03, 12:29 AM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:20:23 +0200, Frank
wrote:

Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!

You're welcome, of course.

I just bought a TS-50 in May. I couldn't see being limited to 5 watts
all the time. The power on the TS-50 can always be reduced if I want
to do QRP operating, and a lot more easily than trying to increase the
power from an 817.

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

Old July 11th 03, 12:20 PM
Frank

Default TS50S or FT-817?

Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!
Old July 11th 03, 01:57 PM
Keith V

"Frank" wrote in message
Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!

The one on the left.

Van,
K0KAV

Old July 11th 03, 01:57 PM
Keith V

"Frank" wrote in message
Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!

The one on the left.

Van,
K0KAV

Old July 11th 03, 05:39 PM
MD

"Frank" wrote in message
Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!

Having owned both, I would go with the TS50. Unless you have a real antenna
for qrp work, you get frustrated quickly. QRP takes patience. With the
Kenwood, you don't need any!!

Old July 12th 03, 01:39 AM
Bob Miller

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:20:23 +0200, Frank
wrote:

Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!

Apples and oranges...

bob
k5qwg

Old July 12th 03, 01:39 AM
Bob Miller

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:20:23 +0200, Frank
wrote:

Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!

Apples and oranges...

bob
k5qwg

Old July 13th 03, 03:04 PM
Rudi

Unless you're REALLY into QRP, then the TS-50 is your most versatile rig.
Had both and sold them to get a 706IIG and then bought a second because I'm
so happy with it.

"Frank" wrote in message
Which one would you get?
Thanks in advance!