Old September 26th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Wanted: VT-4-C / 211A vacuum tubes for display -- "duds" OK

Hi all,

I am in need of four (4) type VT-4-C / 211A vacuum tubes
for display only. "Dud" tubes would be just fine as long
as they look OK. These will be installed in the BC-375-E
transmitter that is on display in the exhibit hall at our
Museum hangar. That radio will eventually be installed in
the radio compartment of our B-17G Flying Fortress bomber.
I am looking for a donation here, and once again I stress
that I'm NOT looking for good tubes because they are only
for display. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit aviation museum,
and all donations are tax-deductible. Can someone help us
out with 1, 2, 3, or 4 tubes?

Thanks and 73!

Dean Hemphill, K5DH
B-17G 44-8543A "Chuckie" Volunteer Crew Member
Vintage Flying Museum
Fort Worth, Texas
http://www.VintageFlyingMuseum.org

Old September 26th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
-=H=- wrote:
Hi all,

I am in need of four (4) type VT-4-C / 211A vacuum tubes
for display only. "Dud" tubes would be just fine as long
as they look OK. These will be installed in the BC-375-E
transmitter that is on display in the exhibit hall at our
Museum hangar. That radio will eventually be installed in
the radio compartment of our B-17G Flying Fortress bomber.
I am looking for a donation here, and once again I stress
that I'm NOT looking for good tubes because they are only
for display. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit aviation museum,
and all donations are tax-deductible. Can someone help us
out with 1, 2, 3, or 4 tubes?

The 211A is in current production by a number of manufacturers, and
the high end audio guys really like them. You might try asking on
rec.audio.high-end if anybody has any pulls. You may be forced to
use Chinese ones, mind you, but that is probably fine.
--scott
Old September 26th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 26 Sep 2006 10:23:51 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
-=H=- wrote:

[...]

Ahhh... From The Flying Tigers quartermaster's stock.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http//jonz.net/ng.htm