Old July 29th 03, 04:31 PM
Drew Taylor

Default HTX-242 TX lockup

I have an HTX-242 2m VHF mobile that was in the proximity of equipment
that was struck by lightning. I didn't notice any evidence that
lightning had struck the 242's antenna, but my HF rig had definately
been struck. The power supply that powered the 242 was destroyed.

Now the 242 is locked in transmit mode. Turning it off and on doesen't
help, and using the reset as described in the manual does nothing, the
keypad is locked out. Is there anything internal that can be done?
It's probably fried but I figured I would at least try.

I would ask RadioShack but they would probably commit it for service
and trying to get them to be technically verbose is like asking a cat
to read poetry. Is there any fix for this under the price of the radio
($80)? If not I'll just get a Yaesu or Icom.

-Drew N9VP