Old August 8th 03, 02:36 AM
Glenn AA5PK

Default General Longstreet

"JEMAINEWILLIAMS" wrote in message
I just purchased an General Longstret Radio. Does anyone know to set

this
radio to use as a Cb

Billy-Bob's Bait Shop and CB Emporium will probably do the conversion for
you for a reasonable fee.

Old August 10th 03, 08:40 PM
Rocky

Eh, wasn't this one of those radios sold as an "export"
CB with illegal channels in it. If so, just select the
band for the legal CB channels. It IS a CB deud.

Rocky

Old August 16th 03, 06:34 AM
Rocky

Eh, wasn't this one of those radios sold as an "export"
CB with illegal channels in it. If so, just select the
band for the legal CB channels. It IS a CB deud.

Rocky

No, it is NOT a "CB". It is an "export" 10 Meter radio designed to be
"modded" with illegal frequencies placed thereto.
It is an A M A T E U R radio 'dude', thinly disguised to be made into a
CB and in effort to skirt the purpose and intent
of the Rules.

Well I guess my "Export" Galaxy "CB" with 340 channels, most
above or below the legal CB band is not a CB, but a 10 meter
radio with "illegal" CB channels in it?

Rocky

Because it likely doesn't meet the FCC's rules for power (too much), nor

the
range of coverage, AND because it can
be used illegally to operate on bands not authorized to chicken banders,

it
is not a "CB"