Old November 6th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Wanted: WW2 radio items for B-17G restoration

Hi all,

I'm gathering original WW2 radio equipment for use in the
restoration of B-17G Flying Fortress 44-8543A, "Chuckie",
operated by the Vintage Flying Museum of Fort Worth, TX.
Yesterday I did a quick inventory of the equipment we have
in storage. We have most of what we need, but we still
lack some very important pieces.

We need the following SCR-274-N command radio items:

BC-442 antenna relay ass'y with RF ammeter and vacuum cap
BC-450 control box for three receivers
BC-451 control box for four transmitters
BC-458 transmitter, 5.3 - 7.0 mc
Any and all types of connectors associated with SCR-274-N
Ceramic "beads" used as insulation on the antenna leads

We need the following SCR-287-A liason radio items:

FT-142 mounting tray for BC-306 antenna coupler
PL-59 connector (need 2)
PL-61 connector (need 2)
PL-64 connector (need 1)
SA-13 knife switch (I think it's a 3PDT)
RL-30B trailing wire antenna motor and spool ass'y
F-10 trailing wire antenna fairlead ass'y
MC-163 trailing wire antenna element
DM-28 dynamotor for BC-348 receiver
J-37 telegraph key (NOT a Winslow part, too new!)
Ceramic "beads" used as insulation on the antenna leads

The equipment must be in excellent original condition with
no modifications, but it does not have to be electrically
operational.

We are a small museum, and we have no money to buy this kind
of stuff. It takes all of the money we can muster to keep the
Museum open and the B-17 flying. We're looking for donations
here. We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization. All donations
of equipment, money, and services are tax deductible. If you
have any of the equipment we need, please consider donating it
to us, and help us to share history with future generations.
Thousands of people a year tour the B-17 at air shows and in
our hangar. Chuckie is one of only TEN B-17's still flyable
in North America, and not all of those ten are flown with any
regularity.

Here is the URL for the Museum's web site:

http://www.VintageFlyingMuseum.org

Thanks in advance for your kind consideration, and also a big
Texas-size thanks to those of you who have donated equipment
and services to us recently:

KB1LNA, Charles Geis (complete BC-375-E transmitter station)
KX8XX, Mark Schmidt (UNUSED tuning unit TU-26B w/orig. box!)
Jim Bane of Jevic Trucking Co. (transportation services)

I donated a BC-348-R receiver, BC-459-A transmitter, and T-17
pilot's hand mic from my own collection!

73 to all,
Dean Hemphill, K5DH
B-17G 44-8543 "Chuckie" volunteer crew member
Vintage Flying Museum
Fort Worth, Texas