Old November 10th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default ICOM IC-211

I m wondering if someone might have had the same problem as I do.....I
have a full 10 watts on fm, both simplex and repeater operation, but
only about 1-3 watts on ssb, and cw....the reports that I have had on
all of the modes are good, but just down on ssb and cw....can anyone
help...thanks Paul

Old November 10th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Paul wrote:

I m wondering if someone might have had the same problem as I do.....I
have a full 10 watts on fm, both simplex and repeater operation, but
only about 1-3 watts on ssb, and cw....the reports that I have had on
all of the modes are good, but just down on ssb and cw....can anyone
help...thanks Paul

How are you measuring the SSB output?

1 to 3 watts indicated on a moving needle type meter will be very close to 10
watts PEP.

/s/ DD

Old February 19th 08, 05:09 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I m wondering if someone might have had the same problem as I do.....I
have a full 10 watts on fm, both simplex and repeater operation, but
only about 1-3 watts on ssb, and cw....the reports that I have had on
all of the modes are good, but just down on ssb and cw....can anyone
help...thanks Paul
Paul
Do a tune up on the radio.You can find a partial service manual that will help you.Go to the Icom europe site and download the 14 page manual.I got a 211 and just got it working,that is today it is working.I may turn it on in the morning and not be working.
SEE YAA"
JIM K4QMO