Old August 15th 03, 03:28 AM
Gary Seven

Default Something with GMRS and FRS?

I looked at the specifications for an old pair of Maxon GMRS 210+3
radios, and thats exactly what I want. Its programmable, has two sets
of commonly used frequencies and is pretty powerfull. Does anyone out
there make something like the 210+3? From Maxon or anybody else.
Thanks!
Old August 15th 03, 04:00 AM
M.M.

Gary Seven wrote:

I looked at the specifications for an old pair of Maxon GMRS 210+3
radios, and thats exactly what I want. Its programmable, has two sets
of commonly used frequencies and is pretty powerfull. Does anyone out
there make something like the 210+3? From Maxon or anybody else.
Thanks!

Motorola makes FRS/GMRS radios:

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin...play?cgrfnbr=9
&cgmenbr=126

They have both FRS and GMRS channels. They also make them with one or the
other. They're a bit pricier than others but are probably better radios.

Old August 15th 03, 04:10 AM
Ed G.

I looked at the specifications for an old pair of Maxon GMRS 210+3
radios, and thats exactly what I want. Its programmable, has two sets
of commonly used frequencies and is pretty powerfull. Does anyone out
there make something like the 210+3? From Maxon or anybody else.
Thanks!

I did a Google search for "GMRS radios" and got over 45,000 hits.

Ed

Old August 15th 03, 02:36 PM
Gary Seven

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:10:50 GMT, "Ed G."
wrote:

I looked at the specifications for an old pair of Maxon GMRS 210+3
radios, and thats exactly what I want. Its programmable, has two sets
of commonly used frequencies and is pretty powerfull. Does anyone out
there make something like the 210+3? From Maxon or anybody else.
Thanks!

I did a Google search for "GMRS radios" and got over 45,000 hits.

Ed

With the same specs as the GMRS 210+3?

Old August 15th 03, 02:47 PM
Gary Seven

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:00:24 GMT, "M.M." wrote:

Gary Seven wrote:

I looked at the specifications for an old pair of Maxon GMRS 210+3
radios, and thats exactly what I want. Its programmable, has two sets
of commonly used frequencies and is pretty powerfull. Does anyone out
there make something like the 210+3? From Maxon or anybody else.
Thanks!

Motorola makes FRS/GMRS radios:

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin...play?cgrfnbr=9
&cgmenbr=126

They have both FRS and GMRS channels. They also make them with one or the
other. They're a bit pricier than others but are probably better radios.

Those are pretty much toys... I'm looking for something about 5 watts
if possible? I think thats what the GMRS 210's were.

Old August 15th 03, 03:33 PM
Ian Rogers

You may wish to re-post this question to rec.radio.family
As there is no GMRS dedicated newsgroup it is folded in with the FRS group,
and there are many knowledgeable individuals who can help. There are a few
assholes as well :O)

Good Luck
~ Ian