Old September 4th 03, 07:14 PM
Ralph DL

Default Antenna for Yaesu FT-2800M radio?

I installed a Yaesu FT-2800M radio in my 1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler with a
soft top, and use a magnetic mount antenna, which is tough to locate
and keep on the body.

Can anyone recommend a permaently fixed antenna for this vehicle radio
combination? Where would it be mounted?

Thanks in advance.

Old September 5th 03, 07:09 AM
F8BOE

Hello,

I think any kind of trunklid mount would do the job fine if you don't want
to put holes in your car.

Avoid Diamond brand because the shape of the SO239 connector's screw is not
compatible with most PL259 or make the test with your antenna!

73 de F8BOE Olivier ...-.-

Old September 5th 03, 04:08 PM
Radioman

I installed a Yaesu FT-2800M radio in my 1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler with a
soft top, and use a magnetic mount antenna, which is tough to locate
and keep on the body.

Can anyone recommend a permaently fixed antenna for this vehicle radio
combination? Where would it be mounted?

I think any kind of trunklid mount would do the job fine if you don't want
to put holes in your car.

Avoid Diamond brand because the shape of the SO239 connector's screw is not
compatible with most PL259 or make the test with your antenna!

If I had a trunk on my Jeep, that might work. I'm using an RS 19-210 mag mount
on the left front fender. It works real good with an IC-2100H. Firestik makes
an antenna mount for a Jeep that fits under the hood. Requires drilling two
small holes.

http://www.firestik.com/Catalog/MK-J4R.htm