Old January 20th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default FT-1000D internal coax plug

I want to make a modification to my FT-1000D that involves bringing the
QSK switched receive coax lead to the back panel (adding a RCA phono
jack). I want to unplug the inter-board coax cable that runs from J7208
(on the LPF unit) to J1005 (on the RF unit) and leave the original coax
in place. I want to make my own cable that runs from J7208 to the new
RCA jack on the back panel. I could just cut the original coax and use
it, but I want the option to back out of this modification if I don't
like it.

I have coax cable I can use. I need the tiny coax plug that goes on the
end of the cable. The plug is a crimp-on style and very small. It is
keyed and only fits into the circuit board jack in one orientation. The
circuit board jack (which I don't need) sticks up off of the board at a
45-degree angle.

I thought I would just order a spare cable from YAESU and use it for my
modification. I contacted YAESU. They don't have a part number for the
cable. They would have to build one from scratch at the factory in
Japan and were unwilling to do this.

I have been searching catalogs but not finding the plug I need to be
compatible with the jack on the LPF board.

Does anyone know what type of connectors these are and where I can get
some?

Thanks - Jeff - KA9S

Old January 20th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Although I have not seen the plug, it sounds similar to what Ten Tec used in
the Omni VI series and probably others. Ten Tec is very helpful, you might
give them a call.

Dale W4OP