Old February 25th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Yaesu VX-7R locks up in charger

I like to leave my Yaesu VX-7R turned on in the CD15A charging cradle. But
after a number of hours, the display goes blank and the strobe indicator
rapidly flashes blue. The unit appears dead until I lift it out of the
cradle. Then everything is back to normal. Note that the "Automatic Power
Off" feature is disabled. What gives?

--
Bob D. ND9B

Old March 1st 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Feb 25, 1:10 pm, "Bob D." wrote:
I like to leave my Yaesu VX-7R turned on in the CD15A charging cradle. But
after a number of hours, the display goes blank and the strobe indicator
rapidly flashes blue. The unit appears dead until I lift it out of the
cradle. Then everything is back to normal. Note that the "Automatic Power
Off" feature is disabled. What gives?

--
Bob D. ND9B

I cannot confirm this. Maybe someone else can. But leaving the rig
on while in the drop in charger isn't beneficial to the operation of
the rig, is it? I've the VX2R and somewhere it mentions in charging
proceedure that the set should stay off until charge is complete. The
charger is just that, a charger, not a power supply. It could just be
the radio freaking out. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.