Old February 27th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default motorola questions

I am having a problem with being able to program a ht1000. the error
message i keep getting is a trs error. i am using multiple revisions
of the software. I am thinking it is a computer speed problem. Is
there any way to slow the processor speed down on a compaq presario
1610? or maybe some other fix with the software?

Old February 27th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article . com,
(known to some as )
scribed...

I am having a problem with being able to program a ht1000. the error
message i keep getting is a trs error. i am using multiple revisions
of the software. I am thinking it is a computer speed problem. Is
there any way to slow the processor speed down on a compaq presario
1610? or maybe some other fix with the software?

Hard to say without knowing more about your setup. I will say that
the HT1000, being part of the early 'Jedi' series portables, is very
picky indeed about how it's programmed. I can at least provide a short
checklist.

(1). Your computer should be "old and slow," preferably not faster
than a 486/100, and should be booted under true MS-DOS 6.22.

(2). DO NOT, if you value your radio's codeplug, attempt to read or
program it through the fake "DOS Window" provided by any late-issue
(Windows 98 and up) Windows system.

(3). Your RIB should be either a genuine Motorola RLN4008 series,
or one of the Sandy Ganz designs.

(4). Your programming cable should, again, be genuine Motorola, or
a third-party copy that has been tested with another radio and known to
work. Many of the so-called "RIBless" cables on Greed-bay are nothing
that I would ever trust to program anything important to me.

Those are the basics. See
http://www.batlabs.com for more handy
hints, programming cable diagrams, etc.

If you get frustrated to the point that you want a second opinion,
I can program and test your portable at my normal rates. See
http://www.bluefeathertech.com/rf.html for details.

Happy tweaking.

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)
Old March 1st 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I am having a problem with being able to program a ht1000. the error
message i keep getting is a trs error. i am using multiple revisions
of the software. I am thinking it is a computer speed problem. Is
there any way to slow the processor speed down on a compaq presario
1610? or maybe some other fix with the software?

I had a similar problem programming a Vertex VX-10 with old DOS software.
Try Mo'Slo:

http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/

Martin
KC8CFP