Old March 19th 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default ic-48a + HM-14

I'm at my whits end, for the life of me I don't know how to make the
HM-14 produce DTMF tones with the IC-48A.

Usually you hit PTT and dial away, but i'm getting zilch. Is there
some trick on this rig?

The IC-48A was my Dad's but he's SK now so I cannot figure out how to
make this produce DTMF, the manual doesn't even mention it.

HELP!

Old March 19th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

You are doing it correctly. Hold the PTT and press the DTMF buttons.
I have right beside me an Icom IC-28H using that mike, which should be
wired exactly like the IC-48A at the microphone jack. Could be
something wrong with the HM-14.

Dick - W6CCD