Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31st 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Narrow Band FM bandwidth and channel spacing

What is the bandwidth of standard narrow band FM as we use it on 2 meters?
Is there a rule of thumb based on deviation? (I don't want to get into the
heavy math, I just know it's more complex than AM or SSB.)

As an old timer, I remember 2 meter amateur FM started out with 30 KHz
channel spacing. Then, it went to 15 KHz. Then some deviants went to 12.5
KHz. New rigs have 5 KHz tuning. Is there an official channel spacing?

--
Bob D. ND9B