Old June 2nd 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default FT-ONE problems - ALC fault?

Hi All,
alas, I have an FT-ONE Yaesu on the bench to fix (its not mine,
thankfully ) and I have been stalling for literally YEARS on getting
stuck into it. Its a cross between a small telephone exchange and an
attempt to do things with micros they were not really up to at the
time.......(4 bit micros meant some funny "rubberising on xtals to get
it to cover the relevant frequencies with any resolution....) however,
be that as it may, I need to fix it.

Searching groups show a common cause of problems is the ALC - ie,
winds back PO too much. This one does it, too - but only on 40m. Rest
seem reasonable, into a dummy load.

Anyone come up with a fix for this? - cant find any references besides
frustrated calls for ideas (me too, I guess) I suspect its a design
error, but the circuit with all its micro/pll stuff is mind bogglingly
complex - the plug in boards don't help much either as far as in
circuit troubleshooting goes.....

Funny - this was Yaesu's "top of the line" radio in its day, a bad
idea from birth - wonder how many are still on air.....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Help with TS711 fault Jack VK2CJC General 0 May 29th 05 09:36 AM
Is it Steveo's Fault Frank Gilliland Swap 1 January 21st 05 08:00 AM
Is it Steveo's Fault moparholic Swap 2 January 21st 05 04:35 AM
RA17 Fault-Help Please AMWalmsley Shortwave 0 May 19th 04 03:14 PM
RA17-FAULT, Help please AMWalmsley Boatanchors 0 May 19th 04 03:13 PM