Old June 8th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood TM-D700 Problems"" Help

Hi All,
Is there a technical guru out there that can tell me how i can fix
this problem,
the TNC wants to open but then gets locked up and thats all it does,
manly used for aprs,
i have tryed to reset with button, software and still nothing, ,

Regards
Steve (VK2TSB)

Old June 8th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I have used DXBase from Scientific Solutions for almost 8 years. Logs, does
DXCC, WAS, 10-10, etc automatically. It has the ability to look up QSL
addresses from a CD. You can track WPX, DXCC, QSL managers, etc. You can
add/delete QSL managers to the data base. It calculates range and bearing to a
DX station. It will tell you the QTH of a DX station based on the DX callsign.
You can post from DXBase to the internet. And much more ...

It has a QSL design file, I have 6 self designed photo QSL s in that file.

It has the ability to maintain numerous logs. I have my basic log - W1MCE.mdb,
my mobile log W1MCE_m.mdb, my 60 meter log, and my special callsign QSL
[W1L.mdb], all available at the touch of a key. If you notice the file tag,
*.mdb, it is a Microsoft Access Data Base core program.

It is NOT freeware. If I recall correctly I paid $50 for the CY2000 upgrade and
have not had any reason for further upgrades, although they are available.

I cannot comment on it's usefulness in the contest mode. I don't contest! I'm a
Minister and my weekends have other priorities :-)

I hope you get other responses that present more options.

/s/ DD, W1MCE

Old June 8th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Dave wrote:

[...]

As long as you don't mix it up with one of your sermons. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida