Old October 14th 03, 10:07 PM
Thierry

Default DRM : the future of shortwaves ? Who knows

Hi OMs,

DRM, shortwaves of the XX1st century ?
For your information : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-drm.htm
Good to know.

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY

Old October 15th 03, 06:11 AM
Jim

"Thierry" wrote in message
Hi OMs,

DRM, shortwaves of the XX1st century ?
For your information : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-drm.htm
Good to know.

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY

Thierry,

Thank you for the link. Very interesting reading.

Jim
WA2AAA

Old October 15th 03, 09:53 AM
Mike GW8IJT

"Thierry" wrote in message
Hi OMs,

DRM, shortwaves of the XX1st century ?
For your information : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-drm.htm
Good to know.

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY

I should imagine that DRM will catch on as quickly as DAB, i.e. no-one is even
the slightest bit interested.
The best mode for HF is SSB.
After all the years that DAB has been around, very few people have DAB
receivers & those that have say the audio is worse than FM.
Mike.

---

Old October 15th 03, 07:01 PM
jim.gm4dhj

Well that's it then no more tuning about listening to AM mw/sw stations fade
in and out ....no more real radio..... no more hobby......told you all thing
digital were BAD news.........

--
Jim GM4DHJ.....

---

Old October 16th 03, 12:02 AM
Thierry

"jim.gm4dhj" wrote in message
Well that's it then no more tuning about listening to AM mw/sw stations

fade
in and out ....no more real radio..... no more hobby......told you all

thing
digital were BAD news.........

Tttt
I like FM but I continue to appreiate SSB too
I like CW but I use packet too.
If you like these oldies, why are you using a high-end transceiver ? You
should use the oldest one and work exclusively with a CW key.

The same objection was already formalted about echolink... see
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-echolink3.htm

Live with your time and take advantage of the new technologies without
rejecting them.
In all case, the train of progress is there and will continue on iits path
with, or without you.
So if you are smart enough, take the train as we all do ;-)

73's

Thierry
ON4SKY

--
Jim GM4DHJ.....

---

Old October 16th 03, 06:57 AM
jim.gm4dhj

Sorry I can't see the emperors new clothes...........looks like you

--
Jim GM4DHJ.....

---