Old July 13th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default 8640B Signal generator for ham use died

Anyone know of a troubleshooting guide for the HP 8640B?
My display reads all zero's although the generator is putting out a signal
just fine. I'd like to find a step by step guide that would lead me to the
defective component.

Rick K2XT

Old July 13th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
K K is offline

You can download the complete manual from here.

http://www.premium-rx.org/reference.htm

Lots of luck.

Jer - n6jp

Old July 13th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Thanks K. I should have said I have the manual but was hoping somewhere there
was one of those flowchart guides that leads one through to the right
component. I was hoping to avoid having to learn how all those digital
circuits work in the counter section.
I was sort of thinking maybe somewhere in HP docs there might have been such
an animal, for the HP techs to use.

Rick K2XT
Old July 14th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

This guy has the service manual for sale for $8. If you only have the
operating manual, this may give you what you need.

http://home.comcast.net/~aa4df02/hp.htm

Dick - W6CCD

Old July 14th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Check to see if the button for internal/external counter is set correctly.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old July 18th 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Rick wrote:

Anyone know of a troubleshooting guide for the HP 8640B?
My display reads all zero's although the generator is putting out a signal
just fine. I'd like to find a step by step guide that would lead me to the
defective component.

Rick K2XT

news:sci.electronics.equipment is a newsgroup for test equipment.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old July 18th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

news:sci.electronics.equipment is a newsgroup for test equipment

There is also sci.electronics.repair which currently has a thread
entitled "HP 8640B repair headaches". The OP of that thread is
apparently refurbishing them, and may be able to provide some hints.

Fred
K4DII
Old July 27th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

news:sci.electronics.equipment is a newsgroup for test equipment

There is also sci.electronics.repair which currently has a thread
entitled "HP 8640B repair headaches". The OP of that thread is
apparently refurbishing them, and may be able to provide some hints.

news:sci.electronics.equipment has a lot of people who work with and
on test equipment, and don't use the repair newsgroup becasue of the
signal to noise ratio.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

FS: HP 8640B Signal Generator mike Swap 0 February 21st 07 02:08 PM
FS: HP 8640B Signal Generator mike Equipment 0 February 21st 07 02:07 PM
FA: HP 8640B Signal Generator mjf Swap 0 December 11th 06 11:49 PM
FS HP 8640B SIGNAL GENERATOR [email protected] Boatanchors 0 May 24th 04 02:25 PM
FS HP 8640B SIGNAL GENERATOR [email protected] Swap 0 May 24th 04 02:24 PM