Old July 20th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default R1500/PCR1500: Needs EEPROM Backup?

Hello Folks,

Does the Icom IC-R1500 (almost the same as PCR1500) need a EEPROM backup
like the PCR1000 used to? I find no mention of this in the docs or on
the Icom web site.

I want to try out a spectrum analyzer software. The only one I could
find is an older version from Colin (MM5AGM/GM1LUZ) for the PCR1000 and
he really stresses the point that the EEPROM should be backed up before
starting his software.

If yes, do you know how to do this? Also, does anyone know newer
spectrum display software that goes beyond the 5MHz range of the Icom
bandscope? No idea if Bonito would but from the description I don't
think so and also it does not work in my case anyway.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com