Old July 30th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default New unreleased Kenwood TM-D710 replacement for TM-D700A?

I am looking for product features, specs, manual, etc. for this new radio
from Kenwood.

The photo of the radio is shown in the advertisement on the back cover of
the Aug. 2007 QST magazine.

I wonder if this is the replacement radio for the TM-D700A which has been in
production for several years? Judging form the photo in QST it looks like
this may be what is about to be released to replace the TM-D700A. There is
not enought information in the ad to be certain but viewing the faceplate
shown APRS clearly stands out in photograph of the radio.

The only thing I know about the radio is what is in the ad. I have not been
able to find any information at the kenwood site nor at any dealer sites
about this radio.

Kenwood or a secret dealer please let us know what we can expect from this
radio and when it will be available for sale in the U.S. ... A MSRP would
also be nice to know.

73's de N9ZN

Old July 30th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default New unreleased Kenwood TM-D710A replacement for TM-D700A?

UPDATE!!!! (SOMETHING IS GOING OBSOLETE?)

The Radio model number is actually TM-D710A and the "A" should denote APRS
functionality. I think I may have figured part of my earlier question out
for myself.

So much for buying a TM-D700A old model when there seems to be a new model
on the way.

ONE BIG POINT TO BE MADE
I bet we shall see a drop in price for the TM-D700A radios soon and we
certainly should be asking for a big price reduction if anyone plans on
buying a (soon to be obsoleted?) TM-D700A.

The new TM-D710A radio is labeled "Data Communicator 144/440Mhz FM Dual
Bander". Please understand it is only my assumption that the "A" in the
model number stands for APRS as I assume it does in the TM-D700A model.

Old July 30th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Yes, it is the replacement. Kenwood had one on display, under
Plexiglas, at Dayton. They always are a bit coy about new releases
for regulatory, legal, and competitive reasons until the unit is good
to go. Early last fall, I saw a prototype with "TM-0000" on the front
panel, and as they did not power it up, it was rather hard to guess
about features.

--
Alan
WA4SCA
Old July 31st 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Anonymous" wrote in message ...
UPDATE!!!! (SOMETHING IS GOING OBSOLETE?)

The Radio model number is actually TM-D710A and the "A" should denote APRS functionality. I think I may have figured part of my
earlier question out for myself.

The "A" actually means it for the Americas (North, Central, South) market. European Kenwood products have an "E" suffix because,
among other things, the European 2 meter amateur band is 144-146 MHz and the 70 cm band is 430-440 MHz.
VHF/UHF equipment for the Asian market usually have no letter suffix.

73 de Glenn AA5PK

Old July 31st 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:12:06 -0400, "Anonymous"
wrote:

UPDATE!!!! (SOMETHING IS GOING OBSOLETE?)

The Radio model number is actually TM-D710A and the "A" should denote APRS
functionality. I think I may have figured part of my earlier question out
for myself.

So much for buying a TM-D700A old model when there seems to be a new model
on the way.

ONE BIG POINT TO BE MADE
I bet we shall see a drop in price for the TM-D700A radios soon and we
certainly should be asking for a big price reduction if anyone plans on
buying a (soon to be obsoleted?) TM-D700A.

It may be replaced but it won't be obsolete until they stop supporting
it.

Old August 3rd 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Monty,

The price is one of those things they were coy about at Dayton.
However, HRO has them in stock:

1) Manufacturer: KENWOOD
Item : TM-D710A
Description : 2M/440 APRS/TNC GPS/ECHOLINK READY
YOUR HRO PRICE $599.95

and AES has the same price.

--
Alan
WA4SCA
Old August 3rd 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"In Stock?" Hmmmmmm. Interesting.

Old August 22nd 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Aug 3, 12:13 pm, wrote:
"In Stock?" Hmmmmmm. Interesting.

However, HRO has them in stock:
Alan
WA4SCA- Hide quoted text -

Saw a working model at Huntsville. The Kenwood guy said the radios
were in Customs as of 8/18 but HRO and others are taking orders.

Tim
N5UDK