RadioBanter

-   -   ?? 2 Meter mobile...plain vanilla ?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/12484-2-meter-mobile-plain-vanilla.html)

William Mutch November 6th 03 04:37 PM

?? 2 Meter mobile...plain vanilla ??

I'm seriously considering buying a 2 meter mobile...plain vanilla.
I've narrowed the field to Icom IC-2100H, Kenwood TM-261A, Yaesu FT-
1500M and Alinco DR135T. ?? Anyone have any direct personal experience
with any of these rigs ...positive or negative ?? Others to check out
??

K de KC2LVQ

VHFRadioBuff November 6th 03 04:49 PM

Check out http://eham.net and click on "product reviews" for reviews of all
those rigs.

I've personally owned the FT-1500 and it's a fantastic rig. I only got rid of
it because I need something with a remote head. Unfortunately there are no 2m
monoband radios with remote heads!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com

KeyBoard In The Wilderness November 6th 03 05:06 PM

For lots of opinions on the radios you mentioned -- see eHam reviews ---

--
73 From AC6V
ell.edu...

K5DH November 6th 03 06:58 PM

In article . edu,
says...

I'm seriously considering buying a 2 meter mobile...plain vanilla.
I've narrowed the field to Icom IC-2100H, Kenwood TM-261A, Yaesu FT-
1500M and Alinco DR135T. ?? Anyone have any direct personal experience
with any of these rigs ...positive or negative ?? Others to check out
??

K de KC2LVQ

I'm very pleased with my two Kenwood TM-261A's (one permanently
installed in the mobile shack, and the other in the home shack).
I bought both of them new several years ago, and they've given
me trouble-free, dependable service. The receiver performance
is outstanding. It's virtually impervious to intermod, even here
in "Intermod City, USA" (better known as Dallas). Even after
soaking in the blistering Dallas heat day after day for many
summers, I've had no problems with the rig. It even survived
a horrendous collision that nearly totaled the vehicle it was
installed in at that time. For the cost, the TM-261A is hard
to beat. I have no plans to ever replace them!

73,
Dean K5DH

Ed November 6th 03 10:01 PM

Hi,

I have owned the IC-2100H for about 18 months and I am very happy with it.
I regularly get great audio reports. Tx performance with a 1/4 wave mobile
whip has been impressive on simplex and distant repeaters. The 113 memories
and other functions are computer programmable. The display is alpha-numeric
so you don't need to try and memorize which freq's belong to which repeater.
IMD figures are great and it comes with a DTMF mic. It also has expanded
receive coverage for monitoring public service, etc.

Ed

Scott Vanzandt November 7th 03 02:42 AM

I have the 1500 and think it's a great radio. I can't imagine anything
on 2M FM that I can't do with it. I have a Icom 706MKIIG in the truck
with it and don't even have a VHF antenna on the 706.
Scott
N2WMD