Old November 6th 03, 04:37 PM
William Mutch

Default ?? 2 Meter mobile...plain vanilla ??

I'm seriously considering buying a 2 meter mobile...plain vanilla.
I've narrowed the field to Icom IC-2100H, Kenwood TM-261A, Yaesu FT-
1500M and Alinco DR135T. ?? Anyone have any direct personal experience
with any of these rigs ...positive or negative ?? Others to check out
??

K de KC2LVQ
Old November 6th 03, 04:49 PM
VHFRadioBuff

Check out http://eham.net and click on "product reviews" for reviews of all
those rigs.

I've personally owned the FT-1500 and it's a fantastic rig. I only got rid of
it because I need something with a remote head. Unfortunately there are no 2m
monoband radios with remote heads!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com

Old November 6th 03, 05:06 PM
KeyBoard In The Wilderness

For lots of opinions on the radios you mentioned -- see eHam reviews ---

--
73 From AC6V
ell.edu...

Old November 6th 03, 10:01 PM
Ed

Hi,

I have owned the IC-2100H for about 18 months and I am very happy with it.
I regularly get great audio reports. Tx performance with a 1/4 wave mobile
whip has been impressive on simplex and distant repeaters. The 113 memories
and other functions are computer programmable. The display is alpha-numeric
so you don't need to try and memorize which freq's belong to which repeater.
IMD figures are great and it comes with a DTMF mic. It also has expanded
receive coverage for monitoring public service, etc.

Ed

Old November 7th 03, 02:42 AM
Scott Vanzandt

I have the 1500 and think it's a great radio. I can't imagine anything
on 2M FM that I can't do with it. I have a Icom 706MKIIG in the truck
with it and don't even have a VHF antenna on the 706.
Scott
N2WMD