RadioBanter

-   -   TS-480S Problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/12506-ts-480s-problem.html)

IanCT November 7th 03 03:35 AM

TS-480S Problem

I've the above mentioned rig, when I power it on
the LED's light up (all of them on the display) and
about 20% of them are flickering randomly. It is
stuck in CW mode, and any button that is pressed
doesn't do it. Can't change modes, can't do anything.

I don't have a manual and mods.dk doesn't have one
listed so I know how to perform a reset on the rig
(if possible)

Any ideas are appreciated.

r/
_IanCT_

Clif Holland November 7th 03 04:05 AM

I'm not familiar with that rig so I can't help.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (local)

. com...

Fred McKenzie November 10th 03 06:50 PM

I don't have a manual and mods.dk doesn't have one
listed so I know how to perform a reset on the rig

Ian-

I don't recall that model. Is it possible the TS-480S is a typo? Might it be
a 430 or 680?

Either way, your description of the problem makes me think of a CPU that is
hung-up. You might try exercising a master reset, but you might need the
manual to do that. Often a reset is done by holding down a particular button
or combination of buttons while turning on the power.

Another thought is that your CMOS memory battery is almost dead, but not quite!

73, Fred, K4DII

Fred McKenzie November 10th 03 06:50 PM

I don't have a manual and mods.dk doesn't have one
listed so I know how to perform a reset on the rig

Ian-

I don't recall that model. Is it possible the TS-480S is a typo? Might it be
a 430 or 680?

Either way, your description of the problem makes me think of a CPU that is
hung-up. You might try exercising a master reset, but you might need the
manual to do that. Often a reset is done by holding down a particular button
or combination of buttons while turning on the power.

Another thought is that your CMOS memory battery is almost dead, but not quite!

73, Fred, K4DII

November 10th 03 08:18 PM

In article ,
(Fred McKenzie) wrote:

I don't have a manual and mods.dk doesn't have one
listed so I know how to perform a reset on the rig

Ian-

I don't recall that model. Is it possible the TS-480S is a typo? Might it
be
a 430 or 680?

Either way, your description of the problem makes me think of a CPU that is
hung-up. You might try exercising a master reset, but you might need the
manual to do that. Often a reset is done by holding down a particular button
or combination of buttons while turning on the power.

Another thought is that your CMOS memory battery is almost dead, but not
quite!

73, Fred, K4DII

There is a Kenwood TS-480, but I don't think that Kenwood is shipping
yet.

http://www.burghardt-amateur.com/Bur...ain_frame.html

73
Dale K9VUJ
--

November 10th 03 08:18 PM

In article ,
(Fred McKenzie) wrote:

[...]

November 10th 03 08:21 PM

In article ,
wrote:

In article ,
(Fred McKenzie) wrote:

[...]

Sorry about this, it appears the link did not work. So you must click
on new equipment the click on Kenwood and the page will come up with the
new Kenwood mobile.

Dale
--

November 10th 03 08:21 PM

In article ,

IanCT November 11th 03 04:31 AM

My mistake. It is a TS-430S. I have a TS-680 as well but got a little
dyslexic... :)

I was thinking of the master reset, but I don't know the button
combination. I'm trying different combos, no luck.

Thanks!