Old November 7th 03, 03:35 AM
IanCT

Default TS-480S Problem

I've the above mentioned rig, when I power it on
the LED's light up (all of them on the display) and
about 20% of them are flickering randomly. It is
stuck in CW mode, and any button that is pressed
doesn't do it. Can't change modes, can't do anything.

I don't have a manual and mods.dk doesn't have one
listed so I know how to perform a reset on the rig
(if possible)

Any ideas are appreciated.

r/
_IanCT_

Old November 7th 03, 04:05 AM
Clif Holland

I'm not familiar with that rig so I can't help.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (local)

. com...

Old November 10th 03, 06:50 PM
Fred McKenzie

I don't have a manual and mods.dk doesn't have one
listed so I know how to perform a reset on the rig

Ian-

I don't recall that model. Is it possible the TS-480S is a typo? Might it be
a 430 or 680?

Either way, your description of the problem makes me think of a CPU that is
hung-up. You might try exercising a master reset, but you might need the
manual to do that. Often a reset is done by holding down a particular button
or combination of buttons while turning on the power.

Another thought is that your CMOS memory battery is almost dead, but not quite!

73, Fred, K4DII

Old November 11th 03, 04:31 AM
IanCT

My mistake. It is a TS-430S. I have a TS-680 as well but got a little
dyslexic...

I was thinking of the master reset, but I don't know the button
combination. I'm trying different combos, no luck.

Thanks!

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
I don't have a manual and mods.dk doesn't have one
listed so I know how to perform a reset on the rig

Ian-

I don't recall that model. Is it possible the TS-480S is a typo? Might

it be
a 430 or 680?

Either way, your description of the problem makes me think of a CPU that

is
hung-up. You might try exercising a master reset, but you might need the
manual to do that. Often a reset is done by holding down a particular

button
or combination of buttons while turning on the power.

Another thought is that your CMOS memory battery is almost dead, but not

quite!

73, Fred, K4DII

Heathkit SB-200 Amplifier Problem Help? LJ Boatanchors 10 December 13th 03 03:26 AM
National NCX-5 transmit/receive offset problem Chris Equipment 2 July 19th 03 02:57 AM
National NCX-5 transmit/receive offset problem Chris Equipment 0 July 17th 03 05:29 PM
ft-980 problem... WB2JKX Equipment 3 July 14th 03 11:01 PM
Problem with transient spike on Astron RS-50M Power Supply Ralph Mowery Equipment 0 July 10th 03 09:46 PM