RadioBanter

-   -   [Help] Omni VI RIT doesn't work (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/12579-%5Bhelp%5D-omni-vi-rit-doesnt-work.html)

Chris November 10th 03 04:30 AM

[Help] Omni VI RIT doesn't work

Hi all,

I have a question. I recently acquired a Ten-Tec Omni VI in great
condition, but I found that the RIT doesn't work. XIT is the same, so I
assume the optical encoder for the RIT needs a replacement.

The radio is currently connected to Hercules II amp and 253 tuner.

Thanks.

Chris VA3UT

Edward A. Feustel November 10th 03 11:40 AM

The best place to ask is on the contesting.com ten-tec list. I assume that
you have
verified that the switch that enables RIT/XIT works.

Ed, N5EI

.. .

Bob Miller November 11th 03 02:29 AM

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 23:30:23 -0500, "Chris"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have a question. I recently acquired a Ten-Tec Omni VI in great
condition, but I found that the RIT doesn't work. XIT is the same, so I
assume the optical encoder for the RIT needs a replacement.

The radio is currently connected to Hercules II amp and 253 tuner.

Thanks.

Chris VA3UT

Why not just call or email ten tec? See their contact info at the ten
tec web site. They're pretty good about advice and service.

Bob
k5qwg

G. Skiffington November 18th 03 12:39 AM

Not sure why you'd assume that an optical encoder might be your problem
(without testing), but that aside.....what is your question?

Gord VE1AJF

G. Skiffington November 18th 03 12:39 AM