Old November 10th 03, 04:30 AM
Chris

Default [Help] Omni VI RIT doesn't work

Hi all,

I have a question. I recently acquired a Ten-Tec Omni VI in great
condition, but I found that the RIT doesn't work. XIT is the same, so I
assume the optical encoder for the RIT needs a replacement.

The radio is currently connected to Hercules II amp and 253 tuner.

Thanks.

Chris VA3UT

Old November 10th 03, 11:40 AM
Edward A. Feustel

The best place to ask is on the contesting.com ten-tec list. I assume that
you have
verified that the switch that enables RIT/XIT works.

Ed, N5EI

.. .

Old November 11th 03, 02:29 AM
Bob Miller

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 23:30:23 -0500, "Chris"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have a question. I recently acquired a Ten-Tec Omni VI in great
condition, but I found that the RIT doesn't work. XIT is the same, so I
assume the optical encoder for the RIT needs a replacement.

The radio is currently connected to Hercules II amp and 253 tuner.

Thanks.

Chris VA3UT

Why not just call or email ten tec? See their contact info at the ten
tec web site. They're pretty good about advice and service.

Bob
k5qwg

Old November 18th 03, 12:39 AM
G. Skiffington

Not sure why you'd assume that an optical encoder might be your problem
(without testing), but that aside.....what is your question?

Gord VE1AJF
Old November 18th 03, 12:39 AM
G. Skiffington

Best Home Base Work Reynard Digital 0 November 9th 04 07:11 PM
FS: Ten-Tec Omni V Model 546 Series C Transceiver and Ten-Tec Model 255Power Supply.. Dave Hollander Boatanchors 1 February 27th 04 09:24 PM
R/S Solderless BNC Connectors: How Can They Possibly Work Well ? Robert11 Antenna 10 November 22nd 03 11:46 PM
Requesting Your Opinion on Boatanchors for AM work David Toepfer Boatanchors 28 October 30th 03 06:44 AM
Requesting Your Opinion on Boatanchors for AM work David Toepfer Boatanchors 0 October 25th 03 02:33 PM