Old October 9th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Spectrum analyzer that feeds oscilloscope

Is there such a thing as a spectrum analyzer that feeds an oscilloscope
for its display, rather than having its own CRT display?

Old October 9th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote:

Is there such a thing as a spectrum analyzer that feeds an oscilloscope
for its display, rather than having its own CRT display?

Yep, Tektronix marketed one built by Sony 15 years ago......

Bruce in alaska
--
add path before @
Old October 9th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:01:27 -0400, "Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)"
wrote:

Is there such a thing as a spectrum analyzer that feeds an oscilloscope
for its display, rather than having its own CRT display?

There are plans for one you can build in the August 1998 issue of QST.

Dick - W6CCD

Old October 9th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bruce in Alaska wrote:
In article ,
"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote:

Is there such a thing as a spectrum analyzer that feeds an oscilloscope
for its display, rather than having its own CRT display?

Yep, Tektronix marketed one built by Sony 15 years ago......

Bruce in alaska

.....it attached to a Tek/Sony 323 portable o'scope. I have the scope
but not the spec an. Cute lil' bugger, has a 1.5 x 2.7 inch screen and
will run off of 12 volts.

Cheers,
W8LNA
Old October 10th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In message , "Rick
(W-A-one-R-K-T)" writes

Is there such a thing as a spectrum analyzer that feeds an oscilloscope
for its display, rather than having its own CRT display?

Something like this maybe?

http://www.tti-test.com/products-tti...rec-tsa-2p.pdf

I had one for a while and although it did not have all the bells and
whistles of its more expensive relations it was great to get a general
idea of what was happening.

--
Bill
G8IAY

Old October 10th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:29:35 +0000, Bill wrote:

Something like this maybe?

Yes, exactly! Thanks!!

Old October 10th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In message , "Rick
(W-A-one-R-K-T)" writes
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:29:35 +0000, Bill wrote:

Something like this maybe?

Yes, exactly! Thanks!!

Next problem is that they are no longer produced but I have seen two on
Ebay in the UK in the last year, one was me selling mine, I recall it
went for about $250:00 £125:00

Good luck.

--
Bill
G8IAY
Old October 10th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
gwatts wrote:

Bruce in Alaska wrote:
In article ,
"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote:

Is there such a thing as a spectrum analyzer that feeds an oscilloscope
for its display, rather than having its own CRT display?

Yep, Tektronix marketed one built by Sony 15 years ago......

Bruce in alaska

....it attached to a Tek/Sony 323 portable o'scope. I have the scope
but not the spec an. Cute lil' bugger, has a 1.5 x 2.7 inch screen and
will run off of 12 volts.

Cheers,
W8LNA

I have the Sony SA, but used a Tek 475 for a display. Works well for
simple stuff like Cable Tv and DBS/Sat Work, but if I need real Data
there is nothing quite as Good as a Good HP SA.......

Bruce in alaska
--
add path before @

Spectrum analyzer Randy True Scanner 1 July 8th 07 06:22 AM
PSD on a spectrum analyzer. [email protected] Homebrew 8 October 9th 06 05:13 PM
Spectrum Analyzer or Oscilloscope? [email protected] Equipment 21 June 1st 05 11:45 AM
Spectrum Analyzer vs. Field Strength Analyzer J Autt Homebrew 2 October 7th 04 08:26 PM