Old November 22nd 03, 04:30 AM
KU2S

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 05:32:56 GMT, "Ghost writer"
wrote:

Sure sounds like RF was getting in to it, to me! G.W.

"KU2S" wrote in message
.. .
On 21 Nov 2003 03:04:09 GMT, (Fred McKenzie) wrote:

Thanks Fred! Sure appreciate the info. Tried an impromptu test here
the other night, seems that every time I the rig tried to connect to
my test rig (laptop with baycom modem), it would trigger a restart on
the TNC. Hmmm, think maybe the fact that my test antenna was a 1/4
wave vertical stuck to the back of the HR-2A with the TNC right on top
of the radio had much to do with it? Tonight I try plugging one of
the outdoor antennas into the Regency!

Raymond Sirois KU2S
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
607-733-5745
telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000

Sure was alright... Now all I've gotta do is find a set of crystals
for the stupid thing. Couldn't locate the Jan's Crystals website.
PLEASE don't tell me they went out of business... Any idea where I
could set a set of crystals for this thing?

Old November 22nd 03, 04:58 AM
Ghost writer

wrote:

Sure sounds like RF was getting in to it, to me! G.W.

"KU2S" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

5.1) JAN Crystals
JAN Crystals
2341 Crystal Drive
P.O. Box 06017
Fort Myers FL 33906-6017
+1-800-JAN-XTAL (Monday through Thursday)
+1-813-936-3750 (FAX)
+1-813-936-2397 (plant)

They make crystals. Minimum order is $10, which might be one crystal, or
might be two.

Didn't see a web site either, but here is what was listed. G.W.

Old November 22nd 03, 05:07 AM
Michael Black

"Ghost writer" ) writes:
5.1) JAN Crystals
JAN Crystals
2341 Crystal Drive
P.O. Box 06017
Fort Myers FL 33906-6017
+1-800-JAN-XTAL (Monday through Thursday)
+1-813-936-3750 (FAX)
+1-813-936-2397 (plant)

They make crystals. Minimum order is $10, which might be one crystal, or
might be two.

Didn't see a web site either, but here is what was listed. G.W.

It's not much of a website, but it would seem to be http://www.jancrystals.com
But that is an assumption. It shows up in a websearch, and the URL
would seem to fit and they do make crystals, but I don't see
an address to verify that it's the same crystal.

Michael

Old November 22nd 03, 03:27 PM
KU2S

On 22 Nov 2003 05:07:53 GMT, (Michael Black)
wrote:

"Ghost writer" ) writes:
5.1) JAN Crystals
JAN Crystals
2341 Crystal Drive
P.O. Box 06017
Fort Myers FL 33906-6017
+1-800-JAN-XTAL (Monday through Thursday)
+1-813-936-3750 (FAX)
+1-813-936-2397 (plant)

They make crystals. Minimum order is $10, which might be one crystal, or
might be two.

Didn't see a web site either, but here is what was listed. G.W.

It's not much of a website, but it would seem to be
http://www.jancrystals.com
But that is an assumption. It shows up in a websearch, and the URL
would seem to fit and they do make crystals, but I don't see
an address to verify that it's the same crystal.

Michael

That's the place alright Michael. I recognize the logo. Mea culpa, I
was searching for JANS crystals, not JAN crystals. that extra S sure
threw things off in the search engine.

Thanks to all!