Old December 8th 03, 01:31 AM
Martin

Default Kenwood TS-480 specs

The TS-480HX/ -480SAT is out, apparently. At least HRO says they have
some stock. Kenwood USA web site (kenwood.net) is very unhelpful in
general (IMO) and is specifically unhelpful about the -480 - "No
additional information is currently available regarding price or time
of availability."

However, the German Kenwood site
http://www.kenwood-electronics.de/ts480.htm is much better, esp. if
you read German. The big item is that they have the _English_
operating manual available as a pdf:
http://www.kenwood.de/download_com/k..._ts480_eng.pdf .

So I downloaded it (5 MB), and its specs are interesting: includes 60
M, for example. However, the receiver specs are very sketchy. What I
want to know is whether this rig has a competitive receiver in terms
of BDR, IMDDR, etc.

I am afraid since they give no specs like this, they're not going to
be especially good.

They do claim good flexibility for PSK31 filter settings, which is
very good for me, along with 60 M.

Anyone with data, please give a pointer.

73 - Martin, AA6E
Old December 9th 03, 02:43 AM
Don

HRO San Diego has them. The reports I'm hearing is that it is a good radio.
To expensive for my wallet though @ $1300-$1500.
om...

Old December 15th 03, 05:26 PM
Fred McKenzie

HRO San Diego has them. The reports I'm hearing is that it is a good radio.

Don-

Which model do they have? AES has the TS-480 HX, but not the SAT model.

I'm looking for a replacement for an older IC-706 used mobile. I like the idea
of a built-in tuner in such a small package.

Having to run two power supply cables for half an S-Unit improvement, doesn't
interest me.

73, Fred, K4DII

Old December 16th 03, 02:05 AM
Don

Only the HX model at this time. If I can't work them on 100 then most likely
I won't on 200 either.

Don.

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
HRO San Diego has them. The reports I'm hearing is that it is a good

radio. I totally agree.