Old March 27th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default IF Tuning Coils

I have a receiver with some ferrite tuning coils in the IF. In the
process of retuning, attempting to peak the IF, I cracked coils in two
cans and they are locked into place. They are in same position from
original and the receiver seems fine, makes sensitivity etc. Is there
any measurable change to the inductor Q or other parameter when this
occurs? I did get replacements but the effort to replace seems difficult.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

ID coils Lou D Radio Photos 2 June 2nd 07 02:07 AM
How to set/hack Sony car stereos from Japanese tuning to US tuning? [email protected] Equipment 1 April 25th 07 05:03 PM
How to set tuning on Sony car stereo from Japanese to US tuning...please help [email protected] Homebrew 0 April 25th 07 07:09 AM
FS: National HRO Tuning Coils Adrian Boatanchors 4 August 27th 04 06:29 PM
Coils John Kinnunen Homebrew 0 August 7th 03 05:29 PM