Old April 16th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default FS: VHF Motorola Handheld 2- Way Radios ("HT's")

For Sale:

I have a pair of exceptionally clean Motorola Spirit (Model MV24CVS)
VHF "Handy-Talkies" ("HT's"), with two matching Motorola Desk Chargers
for sale. Seldom will you find any used Motorola equipment in such "clean"
condition as these VHF handheld units.

Features include:

* Both are rugged and reliable Motorola 4 Channel VHF models;
both are 4 channel units, with channels easily programmed and
easily selected using the channel selector switch on the top of
each "HT". No other equipment whatsoever is needed to program
the frquency or the "privacy tones" used by these units.

* Both units are "self-contained", with built-in microphones and
built-in speakers; nothing else is needed. Units are "ready to go"
the moment you receive them. Operation couldn't be simpler, so
even a young child can operate these units easily. A copy of the
complete owner's guide, which includes all usage and programming
instructions in "non-technical" English, is included

* Other external controls include a volume and a squelch control,
as well as jacks for connection of an external microphone and
an external earphone, if desired

* Both units include their Motorola VHF "duckie" antennas

* Both units include good rechargeable NiMh battery packs

* Additional rechargeable NiMh battery packs readily available
for these units at very reasonable prices

* Both units include their Motorola desktop "cradle" chargers
(with plug-in wall transformers and charging indicator lights)

* Each of the 4 channels allows selection of a user-programmable
tone for channel "privacy"

* Two of the 4 programmed frequencies in each of these two
"ht's" are "MURS" frequencies, which require no FCC license
whatsoever

* These units are ideal fo personal and family communications,
sucn as for communicating from work or school to home, use
when shopping, camping, road trips, group trips, etc. They're
also ideal units for emergency local communications use for
emergency preparedness use

Very simple programming instructions are located on the inside of both
unit's battery covers, making programming simple and convenient. They
can be programmed easily without the need for any other equipment;
these "ht's" have a synthesized "voice" that tells you the frequencies as
you step through each of them while programming frequency and "privacy"
tone for each of the 4 channels. The range of of these rugged and reliable
handheld units is approximately 5 miles (depending upon terrain).

Will sell for $100.00 plus the actual shipping charges (to Cont'l U.S.),
payable by USPS Postal Money Order only, please.

Thanks & 73,

-Bill
KB3PT
Selbyville, Delaware

E-mail:

Old April 17th 08, 09:14 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bill Golden wrote:

I have a pair of exceptionally clean Motorola Spirit (Model MV24CVS)
VHF "Handy-Talkies" ("HT's"), with two matching Motorola Desk Chargers
for sale. Seldom will you find any used Motorola equipment in such "clean"
condition as these VHF handheld units.

I've seen this ad for a long time now. I've ignored it because I am not
in the U.S. and therefore would not buy them, but I've wondered what
frequencies they operate on.

IMHO if they operate on a ham band, then you should say so to stimulate
interest, and if they don't find a more appropriate group.

Geoff.

Old April 17th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Bill Golden wrote:

I have a pair of exceptionally clean Motorola Spirit (Model MV24CVS)
VHF "Handy-Talkies" ("HT's"), with two matching Motorola Desk Chargers
for sale. Seldom will you find any used Motorola equipment in such

"clean"
condition as these VHF handheld units.

I've seen this ad for a long time now. I've ignored it because I am not
in the U.S. and therefore would not buy them, but I've wondered what
frequencies they operate on.

IMHO if they operate on a ham band, then you should say so to stimulate
interest, and if they don't find a more appropriate group.

Geoff.

If you've read the ad you've seen that these "HT's" operate on VHF MURS
frequencies, they are also capable of operation on the 2 meter ham band.

If you've read the ad you've also seen that they are being offered for sale
only within the Continental United States (so this ad would be of no
interest
to you). This newsgroup is, IMHO, an appropriate place for this ad, Geoff.
If you don't wish to see any particular item in any newsgroup, you may wish
to learn to use newsreader filters.

73,

-Bill
KB3PT
Selbyville, Delaware
USA

Old April 17th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bill Golden wrote:

[...]

Huh?

You posted this to rec.radio.swap, and to rec.radio.amateur.equipment.

The former is for buy and sell ads, the latter is for the discussion
of amateur radio equipment.

rec.radio.amateur.equipment is not for ads, it never was and still isn't.
Jut because some fools think it is does not make it so.

I don't recall seeing any mention of amateur radio in the original post,
so I certainly wondered why it was here, rec.radio.amateur.equipment,
not even simply because it was an ad but because it didn't really
seem to be even amateur radio related.

Michael VE2BVW

Old April 17th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bill Golden wrote:
[...]

Uh...Bill. I've also seen the ad umpteen times. Certain
authorities--as well as common knowledge--define insanity as doing the
same thing over and over, expecting a different result. If they're the
same set of radios, why don't you do something else to enhance their
saleability.

If you have a whole slew of them, maybe offer a volume discount.

Either way, it is tiresome to see the same post time and time again
(eight times, since December?). I've got a set of these--UHF,
though--and while they're okay little boxes, they're a bit limited in
flexibility. If I wanted to get rid of them I'd probably price them a
bit lower...or put them on eBay, where they used to go for more than
you're asking...but where a set with extra batteries, two headsets and
two hand mics sold just last week for $103.50. eBay Item # 160226774548
-- and they take PayPal.

jak

Old April 17th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Are you interested in buying these Motorola VHF radios, Jak, or is there
some specific reason why you chose to add (yet another) message to
two "rec.radio" newsgroups rather than simply send it via e-mail?

I believe I once saw a car just like yours sell somewhere for less than
yours, Jak. Perhaps you too may benefit from learning to use filters in
your newsreader client.

Sorry I must have missed the announcement that the Newsgroup Police
appointed Newsgroup Policemen. Congratulations on your appointment,
Sir.

The Motorola VHF Handhelds, by the way, remain for sale for the stated
price. If you have some you'd like to get rid of, you may want to price
them
a bit lower, or perhaps put them on eBay (where they're commonly seen to
go in the $200 range, often with few if any accessories included).

Regards,

-Bill
KB3PT

"jakdedert" wrote in message
. ..

Old April 18th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default VHF Motorola Handheld 2- Way Radios ("HT's")

The Motorola "HT's" have been sold.
Thanks to all who expressed interest.

And special thanks go out to all the newsgroup "moaners and whiners",
who helped to promote the sale of these Motorola "HT's"!.

-Bill
KB3PT
Selbyville, Delaware

Old April 19th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bill Golden wrote:
The Motorola "HT's" have been sold.
Thanks to all who expressed interest.

Thank dog!