Old December 13th 03, 08:12 PM
Den

Default W4RT

Any comments from users of the W4RT OBP(one big punch ) AF Speech Processor
mod for the Yaesu MH 31 ft817/857/897 type mic
good bad indifferent?? compared to HEIL, MH59A8J ??
RGDS

Dennis

Old December 15th 03, 04:04 PM
Ken Bessler

"Den" wrote in message
Any comments from users of the W4RT OBP(one big punch ) AF Speech

Processor
mod for the Yaesu MH 31 ft817/857/897 type mic
good bad indifferent?? compared to HEIL, MH59A8J ??
RGDS

Dennis

Dennis I use one on my Yaesu FT-817. The OBP I have is the
"max punch" option, that is with the Heil HC4 & HC5 elements.

Reports on my new tx audio were all around great and the OBP
doubled my SSB talk power.

To test, I hooked up a dummy load and watched my QRP
power meter. Then, I transmitted a long "ahhhhhhh" while
switching back and forth between on and off. I had my mic
gain set to 100 on the '817.

With the OBP off I got about 2.5-3 watts on average. With the
OBP on, I got a solid 5 watts on average. 'nuff said!

I'd buy it again if I had to.....

Ken KG0WX