Old December 22nd 03, 03:45 AM
Ross Hockenberry

Default Elecraft

Anyone have any experiece with the Elecraft K2 and K1?

Ross Hockenberry

KB8WLX

Old December 22nd 03, 01:24 PM
md

"Ross Hockenberry" wrote in message
Anyone have any experiece with the Elecraft K2 and K1?

Read the reviews on www.eham.net From what I have read, they seem to be
one of only a few ham radio companies that still care about service after
the sale. Both the K1 and K2's have fantastic reviews.

Old December 22nd 03, 03:54 PM
Joshua G Senecal

Anyone have any experiece with the Elecraft K2 and K1?

I don't own one personally, but I've used them before and I like them. I'm
a CW op, and the K1 is a fantastic little rig. I'd like to own one, but
don't have the $$$ yet!

Other people that I've spoken with like their Elecraft rigs as well. The
reviews on eham.net are very positive, and from what I understand if you
need help constructing the kit there's no shortage of assistance.

-Josh, AE6IQ

--

Remove the reversed "nospam" in the address.

Old December 22nd 03, 04:09 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Lots of reviews from owners at URL:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/14

--
73 From The Wilderness Keyboard

Old December 23rd 03, 03:36 AM
Dave Edwards

I have a K1
I was on the air with it about an hour ago.
Pretty amazing little rig!
Easy to build
I used a higher quality pot for tuning.
Same basic thing...just higher quality.
Made by Bourns...bought from Mouser.
I built my K1 with the noise blanker and antenna tuner option....and
another option that I can't remember!!!
The rig worked right from the start.
If I were to do it again, I think I would get it with the pre-wound toroids
(coils).
It wasn't hard winding them...just tedious!
.....Dave

Old December 27th 03, 07:46 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article ,
says...
Anyone have any experiece with the Elecraft K2 and K1?

I've only heard good comments about these rigs, which is pretty
significant in itself. (Remember, though, that these are KITS rather
than ready out of the box systems.)

There are also some groups on Yahoo! Groups which specialize in QRP
discussions, also some specific to the Elecraft product line. You might
want to visit
http://groups.yahoo.com and search for "qrp" and for
"elecraft" to find them. In the Elecraft-specific groups, you'll also
find photos plus information files about mods, hints and kinks, etc.
specific to these rigs.

Elecraft also just came out with a new CW rig, about the size of a
paperback novel with the paddles built in. Worth checking their web
site about it.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS