Old January 5th 04, 07:34 PM
Christian Rogne

Default PSK and IC 706MKIIG

I have made an interface cable from the IC 706 to the PC. From pin 11 on the
13 pins ACC to the speaker on the PC, and from 12 on ACC to the PC Mic. I
Also have made an easy transistor PTT switch connected to pin 3 on ACC, and
the serial port on the PC. The problem is, when I have this connected to,
and try to make sideband operation, I got a very poor Mic Gain. Are there
someone who can help me with this problem ?

73's de LA8QJA, Christian

Old January 6th 04, 12:08 AM
Steve Nosko

I think I saw this topic on the 706 Yahoo group. I think you must make
sure you are sourcing the PSK signal from a higher output impedance circuit
to keep from loading the mic amp circuitry. The external input is in
parallel with the mic amp circuit. It is not a buffered input. You need to
have a large(er) resistor between the PSK output and the 706 input. You
will need more signal from the PSK to compensate.
I don't remember the numbers, but try this. Just connect a resistor
from the PSK input pin on the 706 to ground. NOTHING ELSE - DISCONNECT the
PSK interface. When you find what value changes the mic level an
acceptabley small amount (Perhaps it is 10K or 50K) , put this value in
series with the PSK output and increase the PSk level to get what modulation
you need.
Steve
K:9;D:C:I

Old January 12th 04, 10:46 PM
Klaus Hennecken

Hello Christian...
It is because your interface pulls the Mic Input at ACC 11 down. The only
way to solve that problem (with your type interface), is to unplug ACC
Connector before going back to SSB.
You will get much better results, if you use small Audio Transformers to
switch in between the Audio output (Pin 12 ACC) and the PC speaker Input of
the soundcard - and also between ModulatorInput (PIN 11 ACC) and the MIC
Input of PC-soundcard.
Please look for details at http://www.qsl.net/wm2u/psk31.html

73's from Cologne / Germany,
Klaus