Old October 25th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Wagner HF SSB Radio

Hi guys.

I have just been given a Wagner HF SSB radio, model 1829 MR, and I am
looking for anywhere I can buy parts or download a manual for it.

The radio works fine, but it needs a mic and antenna.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Garry

Old October 26th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Garry Beattie" wrote in message
Hi guys.

I have just been given a Wagner HF SSB radio, model 1829 MR, and I am
looking for anywhere I can buy parts or download a manual for it.

The radio works fine, but it needs a mic and antenna.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Garry

-------------

I have never heard of that brand of radio, Garry. Is it intended for amateur
use, or a general HF rig?

Ed, NM2K

Old October 26th 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message
. ..

"Garry Beattie" wrote in message
Hi guys.

I have just been given a Wagner HF SSB radio, model 1829 MR, and I am
looking for anywhere I can buy parts or download a manual for it.

The radio works fine, but it needs a mic and antenna.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Garry

-------------

I have never heard of that brand of radio, Garry. Is it intended for
amateur use, or a general HF rig?

Ed, NM2K

Hi Ed.

It has marine channels installed and I do hope to use it in my boat (Yes I
do have the licences for it) so I dare say it is a marine HF SSB.

Apparently they were a very good brand in their day, but they are getting
old now.

Best regards

Garry

Old October 26th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article
,
"Garry Beattie" wrote:

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Don't know where you live, but if you are in the USA, you should check
the FCC to make sure that radio is Type Accepted for NEW Installations
on US Flagged Vessels. There are a LOT of older Marine Radios that do
NOT now meet the Technical Specs of todays Type Acceptance Certification
and therefore can NOT be Fitted. The can still be used, IF they were
installed before the Cutoff Date, for their Type Acceptance Expired,
under the GrandFathering Clause.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply
Old October 26th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Bruce in alaska" wrote in message

Don't know where you live, but if you are in the USA, you should check
the FCC to make sure that radio is Type Accepted for NEW Installations
on US Flagged Vessels. There are a LOT of older Marine Radios that do
NOT now meet the Technical Specs of todays Type Acceptance Certification
and therefore can NOT be Fitted. The can still be used, IF they were
installed before the Cutoff Date, for their Type Acceptance Expired,
under the GrandFathering Clause.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

Hi Bruce. Thanks for the tip and that is an interesting one that I had not
heard of.

I actually live in Australia so I should check out our version of the FCC,
namely the ACA.

Maybe I may just need to bight the bullet and go ahead and buy a new Icom
M700 Pro24 unit?

Garry