Old January 27th 04, 03:46 PM
M Wilson

Default FT-1000MP Receive Problem

Hi,

I am still looking for any advice on this problem. Thanks much in advance!

I have an FT-1000MP, the original, not Mk-V, not field, vintage is
1999. Recently I have noticed that if I turn the radio on 75 meters,
the receive is low.... until I just tap the mike or key, then the
signals jump up 10-20db, stay there for a while, and eventually, after
4-6 minutes, fade down, until another mike tap is applied. This will
continue all night. Antenna is a resonant dipole. It seems to happen
only on 75/80... preamp problem? should I switch to flat amp setting?
Relay gone south? Suggestions? Fixes?

Thanks,
MW