Old January 27th 04, 10:54 PM
K5DH

Default Need info: Varian 212MS microwave YIG filter

Here's one for you microwave guys...

I'm looking for any kind of info, specs, etc,
for a Varian model 212MS microwave YIG filter.
The data plate on the unit says it covers the
freq range of 1.8 to 12.4 GHz. It has Type N
connectors for input and output, and solder
pins for the DC control voltage. It came from
an old piece of HP test equipment. Anyone
have information on this filter? I was unable
to find anything on the internet using Google.

73,
Dean K5DH

Old January 28th 04, 03:24 AM
mike

K5DH wrote:
Here's one for you microwave guys...

I'm looking for any kind of info, specs, etc,
for a Varian model 212MS microwave YIG filter.
The data plate on the unit says it covers the
freq range of 1.8 to 12.4 GHz. It has Type N
connectors for input and output, and solder
pins for the DC control voltage. It came from
an old piece of HP test equipment. Anyone
have information on this filter? I was unable
to find anything on the internet using Google.

73,
Dean K5DH

Don't know anything about this particular unit,
but the frequency should be linear with input current.
Measure the frequency at two currents and you should
have what you need. For reference a 2-6 gig yig
oscillator (at least mine) is 20MHz./mA.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
Toshiba & Compaq LiIon Batteries, Test Equipment