Old March 16th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Cushcraft A3 antenna

I am reworking my A3 triband antenna.. I need the plastic boots that
fit on ends of each trap..Seems that Cushcraft does not sell them
seperately...Any other sources or ideas ...tnx Harold W4PQW
Old March 17th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"mrhaney" wrote in message
I am reworking my A3 triband antenna.. I need the plastic boots that
fit on ends of each trap..Seems that Cushcraft does not sell them
seperately...Any other sources or ideas ...tnx Harold W4PQW

Found this on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/End-Caps-for-Cus...15125005r16898
Have no idea if the seller is good or not, just an idea.

Also, you might want to call MFJ.
I believe the traps on the Hy-Gain and Cushcraft three element beams are the
same size.
You could call and ask to be sure.
If so, I was able to buy a complete set for a real old TH-66DX a few years
ago with no problems.
Worth a phone call anyway.

Good luck finding the trap caps.

Sam - K7SAM

Old March 17th 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:46:24 -0600, "Topaz305rk"
wrote:

"mrhaney" wrote in message
I am reworking my A3 triband antenna.. I need the plastic boots that
fit on ends of each trap..Seems that Cushcraft does not sell them
seperately...Any other sources or ideas ...tnx Harold W4PQW

Found this on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/End-Caps-for-Cus...15125005r16898
Have no idea if the seller is good or not, just an idea.

Also, you might want to call MFJ.
I believe the traps on the Hy-Gain and Cushcraft three element beams are the
same size.
You could call and ask to be sure.
If so, I was able to buy a complete set for a real old TH-66DX a few years
ago with no problems.
Worth a phone call anyway.

Good luck finding the trap caps.

Sam - K7SAM

I have the same problem. I wonder how bad I really need them. They
have been missing quite a while and $24 seems a little pricey for
bottle caps.

John Ferrell ............W8CCW
Old March 20th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

John Ferrell wrote in
news
wrote:

"mrhaney" wrote in message

@q11g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
I am reworking my A3 triband antenna.. I need the plastic boots that
fit on ends of each trap..Seems that Cushcraft does not sell them
seperately...Any other sources or ideas ...tnx Harold W4PQW

Found this on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/End-Caps-for-Cushcraft-Trap-

Antennas_W0QQitemZ2803228
99622QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090315?IMSfp=TL09031 5125005r16898 Have no
idea if the seller is good or not, just an idea.

Also, you might want to call MFJ.
I believe the traps on the Hy-Gain and Cushcraft three element beams are
the same size.
You could call and ask to be sure.
If so, I was able to buy a complete set for a real old TH-66DX a few
years ago with no problems.
Worth a phone call anyway.

Good luck finding the trap caps.

Sam - K7SAM

I have the same problem. I wonder how bad I really need them. They
have been missing quite a while and $24 seems a little pricey for
bottle caps.

John Ferrell ............W8CCW

Try he

http://www.mapleleafcom.com/antacc.htm

Prices are I think $CDN so you would get a bit of a discount as well,
could pay for the shipping :-)

Hope it helps

--
Panzer