Old January 30th 04, 06:37 PM
Richard G Amirault

Default 2m homebrew anenna advice???

Tuuk wrote:
: Hi, I am putting together a 2m and also an antenna for marine use, 156megs.

: Can anyone here please give me some advice on which of these two I am going
: to use? Has anyone here had good luck or horror stories, easily tuned or
: matched?
: I have attached a photo of the 2m co-linear style, looks easy to build, and
: the copper J-Pole style. Can I please hear some advice, input, suggestions
: from those who have had the pleasure of building one of these?
: Thanks in advance,
: Bob
(rest of the HUNDREDS, and HUNDREDS of lines of code deleted)

Please don't attach photos to Usenet postings (except for those groups
with "binaries" in the name)

Post a link to the picture, or ask interested folks to send you a note
requestiong a copy, but don't post it here.

Thanks

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

Old January 31st 04, 06:51 AM
jake

Not bad for your first antenna, fast and easy to build.

For lots more info on many types of antenna

http://www.cebik.com

http://www.cebik.com/hs.html

http://www.cebik.com/moxpage.html

Old February 2nd 04, 10:44 PM
Doug Arvidson KC2MBC

While it may not be "proper" I for appreciate it.
I made a dipole 2 M out of 1/2 inch copper...no j pole, no big fancy thing,
just a simple dipole, 2 lengths of copper tube, cut to mid freq, joined with a
pvc T. Actually made a 440 dipole as well out of the one piece of tubing.
used the remainder as a seperator between the 2 and secured it on a mast. Good
match, and i've had nothing but good signal reports. it's even stood up to our
central NY wind, snow and cold...quick, easy and it works...i can't ask for
much more. 73 Doug