Old January 30th 04, 02:41 PM
Phil Schuman

Default MFJ557 keyer & oxide points

I have an old MFJ-557 practice keyer that I picked up
for showing my son and other Scouts - morse code -

I seem to recall a general problem with the "contacts"
of cheap straight keys...
They must oxidate, corrode, or tarnish
in that the contacts are intermittent and squeaky -

Is there anything we can do to help ?
Some oil, WD40, etc to retain the electrical contact,
but reduce the tarnish & spotty sound -
Phil - WA9TKA -

Heathkit SA5010 Keyer Lionel Sharp Boatanchors 0 March 7th 04 01:58 AM
MFJ557 keyer & oxide points Phil Schuman Equipment 0 January 30th 04 02:41 PM
Checking leaky caps gil Boatanchors 86 October 31st 03 04:13 PM
Problem with a AEA Keyer Kirk Mohror Equipment 4 October 25th 03 01:47 AM