Old February 12th 04, 07:41 PM
Tim O Sull

Default Ham Store In New York Plse

I am looking for an address or web site for a store in New York (Manhattan)
that sells Ham Radio gear. I am visiting next week from Ireland for 2 days
and would like to order in advance. Any help please. Post to Group.

Old February 13th 04, 05:41 AM
CLinT

I think they have all closed down.... but these are a couple I
remember
Barry Electronics
Harrison Radio...

73,
Clint

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:41:42 -0000, "Tim O Sull"
wrote:

I am looking for an address or web site for a store in New York (Manhattan)
that sells Ham Radio gear. I am visiting next week from Ireland for 2 days
and would like to order in advance. Any help please. Post to Group.

note..AntiSpam software..remove it to reply...8)

Old February 13th 04, 01:53 PM
Incognito

Is Advanced Specialties close by New York -- some one sed about 9 Miles but
miserable traffic

http://www.advancedspecialties.net/

http://www.advancedspecialties.net/Map.htm

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

Old February 13th 04, 02:06 PM
Bob Miller

wrote:

I am looking for an address or web site for a store in New York (Manhattan)
that sells Ham Radio gear. I am visiting next week from Ireland for 2 days
and would like to order in advance. Any help please. Post to Group.

There used to be a lot of radio stores in lower Manhatten, but I
believe they mostly disappeared around the time the twin towers were
built for the WTCenter.

You might go to Google and do a search for "ham radio + Manhatten".

Bob
k5qwg

Old February 13th 04, 02:20 PM
Incognito

Forgot to include address and phone
Amateur Radio Dealers
Advanced Specialties
114 Essex Street
Lodi, NJ. 07644

201- 843 -2067

Advanced Specialties Radio Store is centrally located in Bergen County NJ,
just 10 minutes from New York City via the George Washington Bridge.
We are off Exit 63 of Rt. 80 & just minutes from Rt.'s 17, 4, 287, 3, 46,
208, 495,,
the Garden State Parkway, NY Thruway & the New Jersey Turnpike.

Old February 13th 04, 04:38 PM
Gary S.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 05:53:23 -0800, "Incognito" wrote:

Is Advanced Specialties close by New York -- some one sed about 9 Miles but
miserable traffic

http://www.advancedspecialties.net/

http://www.advancedspecialties.net/Map.htm

Given the tax structure, with a 3% NYC sales tax on top of the 5% NY
state sales tax, many retailers of large ticket items have relocated
outside the boundaries of NYC.

Same thing here in eastern Mass, where many retailers are located just
over the border into "tax free" NH.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA