Old July 20th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default WTB:Hy-Gain Penetrator Order 500 Antenna

am looking for Hy-Gain Penetrator Order 500 Antenna to buy

thank u

larry
Old July 20th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Larry from memory they were made in the 60's.

Here is and link to the original instruction manual, maybe you could buy the
mount off HY-Gain and fab the rest.

http://www.cbtricks.com/ant_manuals/...rator_1975.pdf

Cheers
John
VK2KC

Old July 20th 09, 09:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Larry,
Just had another look, and the HyGain Penetrator was .64 wavelength long,
this site:
http://www.wolfradio.com/ant_new.htm

Wolf Radio manufactures them by the look of it, and their Point 64 FMBC
maybe the closest to the real McCoy, but at $160?
Cheers
John

Old September 18th 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"VK2KC" wrote in message

Larry from memory they were made in the 60's.

Here is and link to the original instruction manual, maybe you could buy
the mount off HY-Gain and fab the rest.

http://www.cbtricks.com/ant_manuals/...aphics/hy-gain...

Cheers
John
VK2KC

"quartz" wrote in message
am looking for Hy-Gain Penetrator Order 500 Antenna *to buy

thank u

larry- Hide quoted text -

I have an original hy-gain penetrator antenna possible for sale, (with
base coax0 plus a palamar model 50 bi-liner
Old June 1st 10, 10:22 PM
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartz View Post
am looking for Hy-Gain Penetrator Order 500 Antenna to buy

thank u

larry
Hi Larry,

(If you're still receiving reminders from this forum) - Are you by chance the same Larry who traded me out of my old Yaesu FT-107M back in Roseville days?

I have an original Hy-gain Penetrator Super CLR 500, but will also be resurrecting it's performance in a new product soon, but under a different name.

Email me: wimpyradios (at) gmail dot com and I'll fill you in.

73,
'Stan'