Old February 22nd 04, 11:01 AM
gogonegro

Default Please help this newbie with two small GMRS/FRS radios

My old dad just gave me a pair of Columbia GM22 handheld radios (being
totally ignorant I would have called them "walki talkies" 8-).

I am totally unable to get them working.

Searched on the Internet for any manual but could not find any.

Would any kind soul which knows these critters give me a clue ?

After fiddling about with them now when I turn them on I see a larger
number 1 alternating with a larger number 2 with a fixed smaller number
33 in the upper right corner.

Reading from the specs I seem to understand that 33 is a "security
subchannel (?)".

I also read about these things having an "auto scan" capability but
could not understand how to make it work.

Thank you for any help.

Bob Alexander

PS If you would like to email me please use my first name as the email
address and after the @ sign my provider is ngi.it

Please help this newbie with two small GMRS/FRS radios gogonegro Equipment 0 February 22nd 04 11:01 AM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 03:56 PM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 03:56 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIOS HT1000'S , VISAR'S ,& MAXTRAC'S John Equipment 0 January 19th 04 05:44 AM