Old March 11th 04, 06:20 PM
Thierry

Default GSM and amateur radio ?

Hi,

To complete a long history of amateur radio I 'ld like some confirmations.

I read or heard that GSM are used today by some radio amateurs.
I think that the CEO of Nokia for example (can someone recall us his name or
callsign) steers his antenna farm remotely through a GSM card installed in
his portable computer, nothing less !
I think also that ARRM published in 2002 or 2003 somethink about a similar
application in a few lines.

Something else to confirm, some Nokia GSM of the end '90s are equipped with
a sound signal that ring in using the letter V emitted in Morse code,
conditioning by a strong passion, Hi !.

Thanks in advance.

Thierry, ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-ham-history.htm