Old March 13th 04, 08:21 PM
yea right

Default FS or TRADE Microwave Equipment

I removed from one of our buildings some surplus 40Ghz microwave equipment
that I would like to trade or sell as I will not be in the position to
play with microwave for a few years.

This was a full redundant (2 radios) DS3 service with a ~1 meter dish and
a ~.5 meter dish. I only have the one end of the system. The radios
attached to the back of the dishs in a shell and consist of a receiver and
xmitter in one case. The interconnecting signals are sent (with DC) on one
coax to a control head.

I have taken the cover off of one radio on the small dish and took some
pictures.

http://www.vambo.org/pictures/micro
(click images for progressively larger versions)

There are several RF cans inside the unit. There are two distinct chains.
I can assume one is xmit and the other rx. The large aluminum plates
contain electronics, however I have not opened them up to see what is in
them. There are also several adjustable filters. One of the cans near the
wave guide must be xmit/rx combiner. I can't imagine all of this filtering
takes place at 40Ghz and would assume there are several IF stages as the
plumbing looks intricate.

The other electronics are a DS3 demux and a T1 channel bank.

I plan on keeping a few pieces of the system such as the surge
suppressors, breaker/power-distro panel and batteries. Everything else
picture will be included, including the not pictured ~1M dish/radio. The
systems are sold as-is and considered functional when removed. The only
issue is that one of the control heads is missing. I will inventory the
items if there is any interest. I will consider parting out the radios if
there is no interest in the system.

What I would like to trade for is a modern base VHF/UHF radio that can be
used in satcom in the future. The radio must support digital modes. As far
as selling, I'm not sure what to ask for a price but I must insist that it
be worth the time I spend boxing it up for shipment. My considerations
will be more favorable for someone local to the Denver area. USA
purchasers only please. Purchaser must pay all shipping. I will reply to
serious offers with full contact info.

If you have any questions or offers, email me at