RadioBanter

-   -   Getting an old DSI 3600A counter to work? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/15331-getting-old-dsi-3600a-counter-work.html)

Sam Bradshaw March 25th 04 12:37 AM

Getting an old DSI 3600A counter to work?

Hi All,
I just ran across an old DSI 3600A frequency counter at an
auction for $1. I was hoping that I might be able to use this to help
check the alignment on my old Swan 500CX. Problem is, it had no
documentation with it and the only other freq. counter I have used was
a radio shack handheld one w/the BNC whip. It has a pair of unlabeled
PL-259 connectors on the backside. Only controls on the front side
are the direct /pre scale selector for the .1 or 1 sec. gate. Also
has an "oven" on it, which I am not quite sure what that exactly is.
Was wondering if anyone could comment on the use of this one. Sorry
to sound so non-electronics savvy for an amateur op, but any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam Bradshaw
KB8ZZS.