Old March 25th 04, 12:37 AM
Sam Bradshaw

Default Getting an old DSI 3600A counter to work?

Hi All,
I just ran across an old DSI 3600A frequency counter at an
auction for $1. I was hoping that I might be able to use this to help
check the alignment on my old Swan 500CX. Problem is, it had no
documentation with it and the only other freq. counter I have used was
a radio shack handheld one w/the BNC whip. It has a pair of unlabeled
PL-259 connectors on the backside. Only controls on the front side
are the direct /pre scale selector for the .1 or 1 sec. gate. Also
has an "oven" on it, which I am not quite sure what that exactly is.
Was wondering if anyone could comment on the use of this one. Sorry
to sound so non-electronics savvy for an amateur op, but any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam Bradshaw
KB8ZZS.

Best Home Base Work Reynard Digital 0 November 9th 04 07:11 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Antenna 0 November 9th 04 07:11 PM
Getting an old DSI 3600A counter to work? Sam Bradshaw Equipment 2 March 25th 04 02:37 AM
Requesting Your Opinion on Boatanchors for AM work David Toepfer Boatanchors 28 October 30th 03 06:44 AM
Requesting Your Opinion on Boatanchors for AM work David Toepfer Boatanchors 0 October 25th 03 02:33 PM