Old August 25th 10, 06:29 PM
Junior Member

Default Fully operational Sony CRF-320

I volunteer at a thrift shop and we just received this radio. It seems to be a highly sought after radio. I bought the batteries for it and everything is working. I think. I need a power cord for it and also some guidance as to price....Universal Radio had a damaged one for $999.95..THIS IS ALL FOR CHARITY and not profit motivated .I would like to sell it at a fair price and avoid E-bay. any help is really appreciated.. thanks
Old August 26th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 8/25/2010 10:29 AM, ronnybob wrote:
I volunteer at a thrift shop and we just received this radio. It seems
to be a highly sought after radio. I bought the batteries for it and
everything is working. I think. I need a power cord for it and also some
guidance as to price....Universal Radio had a damaged one for
$999.95..THIS IS ALL FOR CHARITY and not profit motivated .I would like
to sell it at a fair price and avoid E-bay. any help is really
appreciated.. thanks

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold002.html

Seems idiots who will pay this price are not all that rare ... too bad
really, I was hoping things would get better. ROFLOL

Regards,
JS

Old August 26th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, John Smith wrote:

On 8/25/2010 10:29 AM, ronnybob wrote:
I volunteer at a thrift shop and we just received this radio. It seems
to be a highly sought after radio. I bought the batteries for it and
everything is working. I think. I need a power cord for it and also some
guidance as to price....Universal Radio had a damaged one for
$999.95..THIS IS ALL FOR CHARITY and not profit motivated .I would like
to sell it at a fair price and avoid E-bay. any help is really
appreciated.. thanks

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold002.html

Seems idiots who will pay this price are not all that rare ... too bad
really, I was hoping things would get better. ROFLOL

So? Price reflects demand and supply.

If it was a common table radio that everyone has and nobody wants,
price would be close to nil, they'd be tossing them out.

I gather they were fairly expensive at the time of manufacture,
so likely few were bought. They may have even had limited distribution
in North America. So they probably don't exist in large numbers,
especially when you subtract those that were tossed (because they
don't work, because people didn't know what they inherited) and those
who have them may want to hang on to them.

Yet people want them, so the price goes up.

Michael VE2BVW

Old September 6th 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:29:19 +0000, ronnybob
wrote:

I volunteer at a thrift shop and we just received this radio. It seems
to be a highly sought after radio. I bought the batteries for it and
everything is working. I think. I need a power cord for it and also some
guidance as to price....Universal Radio had a damaged one for
$999.95..THIS IS ALL FOR CHARITY and not profit motivated .I would like
to sell it at a fair price and avoid E-bay. any help is really
appreciated.. thanks

It was Sony's biggest and most expensive radio in 1975. Pretty rare.
Don't have the new price, though.

If it works well, ask top dollar.

bob
k5qwg