Old April 1st 04, 12:36 AM
Robert Haston

Default low power 88-108 MHz retransmitter

25 of us work in a metal building and only receive 1 clear station. I have
a great outdoor antenna. I could get a cable boost system and run coax to
everyone's radios, but I would like to instead boost it up to 110 mW or so
and run it into an indoor antenna.

I have found amps that do this to boost cable signals for splitting, but I
cannot find one a little more powerful to feed an antenna.

Any ideas?

--
Robert Haston
Satellite Beach, FL

Old April 4th 04, 07:04 AM
Pete KE9OA

You would need an amplifier that has good multi-tone respones (read strong).
When you say 100mW, are you talking about signal power at one frequency, or
integrated output signal power of everything coming into the input of this
amplifier?
I believe that you are talking about a 100mW level for each received
frequency.
Single frequency thru repeaters of the type you describe are used in this
manner, but generally, a selective crystal filter that passes only one
channel is used ahead of the input stage.

Pete

ink.net...