RadioBanter

-   -   Vintage headphones wanted (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/155939-vintage-headphones-wanted.html)

Plotus November 18th 10 03:25 PM

Vintage headphones wanted

This is not an add for wanted/for sale, rather, I'm looking for information on finding vintage headphones for my Hammarlund shortwave radio. It was made in the 30's-40's (an HQ120) and I'm wondering what kind of phones would be in keeping with the 30's-40's theme here. I'm new to the Hammarlund, but not shortwave. I am at that point where I'm going to start collecting the older shortwave/ham stuff before it all dissapears (unlikely hopefully) and one thing for the older vintage stuff to aquire would be cosmetically appealing headphones fitting the earlier era of Radios. I'm aware these (Hammarlund) radios came with speakers, which interest me as well, however for now I'd like a bit of input from some of you vintage nuts out there. What ohms should I be looking for too? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.....Rich AKA Plotus.

dave November 18th 10 08:11 PM

Vintage headphones wanted

Plotus wrote:
This is not an add for wanted/for sale, rather, I'm looking for
information on finding vintage headphones for my Hammarlund shortwave
radio. It was made in the 30's-40's (an HQ120) and I'm wondering what
kind of phones would be in keeping with the 30's-40's theme here. I'm
new to the Hammarlund, but not shortwave. I am at that point where I'm
going to start collecting the older shortwave/ham stuff before it all
dissapears (unlikely hopefully) and one thing for the older vintage
stuff to aquire would be cosmetically appealing headphones fitting the
earlier era of Radios. I'm aware these (Hammarlund) radios came with
speakers, which interest me as well, however for now I'd like a bit of
input from some of you vintage nuts out there. What ohms should I be
looking for too? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.....Rich AKA
Plotus.

These look pretty sweet:

http://www.naxl.com/headsets-military.html

no affiliation

Plotus November 19th 10 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave (Post 723889)
Plotus wrote:
[...]

Man, Dave, You hit the target exactly. Those are perfect, and the price is very doable $wise. Thanks

Howard Eisenhauer[_2_] November 20th 10 12:26 AM

Vintage headphones wanted

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:25:30 +0000, Plotus
wrote:

This is not an add for wanted/for sale, rather, I'm looking for
information on finding vintage headphones for my Hammarlund shortwave
radio. It was made in the 30's-40's (an HQ120) and I'm wondering what
kind of phones would be in keeping with the 30's-40's theme here. I'm
new to the Hammarlund, but not shortwave. I am at that point where I'm
going to start collecting the older shortwave/ham stuff before it all
dissapears (unlikely hopefully) and one thing for the older vintage
stuff to aquire would be cosmetically appealing headphones fitting the
earlier era of Radios. I'm aware these (Hammarlund) radios came with
speakers, which interest me as well, however for now I'd like a bit of
input from some of you vintage nuts out there. What ohms should I be
looking for too? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.....Rich AKA
Plotus.

http://oldheadphones.com/crystal/phones/phones.htm

H.