Old November 18th 10, 03:25 PM
Junior Member

Location: Cason Old Field NC.
Smile Vintage headphones wanted

This is not an add for wanted/for sale, rather, I'm looking for information on finding vintage headphones for my Hammarlund shortwave radio. It was made in the 30's-40's (an HQ120) and I'm wondering what kind of phones would be in keeping with the 30's-40's theme here. I'm new to the Hammarlund, but not shortwave. I am at that point where I'm going to start collecting the older shortwave/ham stuff before it all dissapears (unlikely hopefully) and one thing for the older vintage stuff to aquire would be cosmetically appealing headphones fitting the earlier era of Radios. I'm aware these (Hammarlund) radios came with speakers, which interest me as well, however for now I'd like a bit of input from some of you vintage nuts out there. What ohms should I be looking for too? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.....Rich AKA Plotus.
__________________
Slow awake.....fast asleep
Old November 18th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Vintage headphones wanted

Plotus wrote:
This is not an add for wanted/for sale, rather, I'm looking for
information on finding vintage headphones for my Hammarlund shortwave
radio. It was made in the 30's-40's (an HQ120) and I'm wondering what
kind of phones would be in keeping with the 30's-40's theme here. I'm
new to the Hammarlund, but not shortwave. I am at that point where I'm
going to start collecting the older shortwave/ham stuff before it all
dissapears (unlikely hopefully) and one thing for the older vintage
stuff to aquire would be cosmetically appealing headphones fitting the
earlier era of Radios. I'm aware these (Hammarlund) radios came with
speakers, which interest me as well, however for now I'd like a bit of
input from some of you vintage nuts out there. What ohms should I be
looking for too? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.....Rich AKA
Plotus.

These look pretty sweet:

http://www.naxl.com/headsets-military.html

no affiliation
Old November 19th 10, 02:24 PM
Junior Member

Location: Cason Old Field NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Plotus wrote:
[...]

Man, Dave, You hit the target exactly. Those are perfect, and the price is very doable $wise. Thanks
__________________
Slow awake.....fast asleep
Old November 20th 10, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:25:30 +0000, Plotus
wrote:

This is not an add for wanted/for sale, rather, I'm looking for
information on finding vintage headphones for my Hammarlund shortwave
radio. It was made in the 30's-40's (an HQ120) and I'm wondering what
kind of phones would be in keeping with the 30's-40's theme here. I'm
new to the Hammarlund, but not shortwave. I am at that point where I'm
going to start collecting the older shortwave/ham stuff before it all
dissapears (unlikely hopefully) and one thing for the older vintage
stuff to aquire would be cosmetically appealing headphones fitting the
earlier era of Radios. I'm aware these (Hammarlund) radios came with
speakers, which interest me as well, however for now I'd like a bit of
input from some of you vintage nuts out there. What ohms should I be
looking for too? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.....Rich AKA
Plotus.

http://oldheadphones.com/crystal/phones/phones.htm

H.